Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My Battle

My heart flutters,
An army of foes march upon me.
I grip my sword, hold my breath ... I'm to free my doom.
I lift my head & hold it high for if I must die,
Then I shall with dignity.

I meet my foes strong and mighty
Built of my imaginations and aspirations.
I fend off blows, I hold my ground ...
I try to stand tall & strong
To win and win over them
And to dispel the gloom.

What's this ?
My strength is loosened
My hopes are fading
But my foes march on.
My life stands on the edge of the sword.

But wait !
The demons – I'll turn you away
And let my dreams blossom.

Behold !
I will win the battles
With my pen and books.

*****************************************
Vakul Mohanty
2nd Year,
FIIT JEE Junior College
Hyderabad
19th Mrach 2008

Vakul is my son. He is currently(2008) a 1st year student
at BITS Pilani, Hyderabad Campus.

2 comments:

sinivaali said...

sir, without your prior permission I've listed your link on my webpage www.sinivaali.blogspot.com for my ready reference and for the visitors on my blogspot too.
Hope you have no objection. I apologize sincerely if you feel I did a mistake in doing so and also request you to give me the permission to add your site on my webpage.
Thank you!!

GPB said...

Hi Bakul!

You do not know us but your father knows us well. You have your dreams; you are confident of your mighty pen and books; hence your dreams will certainly blossom. You will win your battle. Best of luck!

GP Jethu & Niyati Aunty