Monday, May 19, 2008

FOR YOU

This is not the only line for you
But I can write it many ways.
When tomorrow is in time's womb
I dream of you being farther away.



This is not only a nightmare for me
But thousands of stings pierce into my spine.
When I see roses in my garden fading away
I'm afraid to hope for you being farther away.



This is not only a grey day for me
Wish, there are not many in stores.
When the shady picture hangs on today's horizon
I dearly wait for you being farther away.



This is not only a silver line for me
Hope, it is followed by shower of solaces.
When I trace your foot-steps in my lawn
I find closure of you being farther away.


*******************************
Hrushikesha Mohanty

3 comments:

Hrushikesha Mohanty said...

Dear Hrushibabu,

Thank you for sending me your blog. There seems to be a fine poet in the
computer scientist. All the best.

Sincerely,

Prakash

--
Prakash C. Sarangi
Professor of Political Science
& Director, Study India Program
University of Hyderabad
Hyderabad 500046 (India)

Hrushikesha Mohanty said...

This from Prof.Goutam Chakraborty
received by email..

a nice one. it is difficult to understand how could you be able to remain
so romantic!!

so you know what you will do after retirement.

goutam

Hrushikesha Mohanty said...

Received from Prof.Patnaik by email the following ............

Dear Professor Mohanty,

Thanks a lot for the mail.

I read your poem "For You" on the same day you wrote me. I liked it for
its simplicity. For me simplicity is like purity.


--
Retired Professor of English and Linguistics
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur

Current address:
II FG, Debonair Regency
7th Main, 3rd block, Jayalakshmipuram
Mysore - 570012
Landline: 0821-2411259
Alternative Email: bn.patnaik@gmail.com

Blog: http://saralamahabharat.blogspot.com
Website: http://bnpatnaik.wordpress.com