Monday, August 4, 2008

OBLITERATION

(Now)


I resemble to everyone

But myself

In sea of crowd,

Serpentine queues of malls,

Wilderness of personnel rules

And civil society.



I – a file

Placed on personnel department shelf

With a tagged code

A competitive commodity for super companies

But self gathering dust in a forgotten corner.



I – a robot

Dragged through main gate metal detector

At bewitching tunes of Krishna's flute.

Myth inhabits and psyche pervades

Like gopies of Gokul

Lost myself in vacuum – a undefined state.



Who are you? Identify self.

The man at counter shouts.

With my humility I justify self and

ID card comes to rescue, where 'I' sits

Often being mutilated

For on my face being signed

(by security officer).



Is it me - the self?

I resemble everyone

But My-Self?




Hrushikesha Mohanty

August 2008.








OBLITERATION

(Then)



I resemble to everyone

But myself

In sea of crowd with uniform,

Serpentine queues of company canteen,

Wilderness of personnel rules

And civil society.



I – a file

Placed on personnel department shelf

With a tagged code

A uncompetitive supermarket commodity

Gathering dust in a forbidden corner.



I – a robot

Dragged through main gate

At bewitching tunes of Krishna's flute.

Myth inhabits and psyche pervades

Like gopies of Gokul

Lost myself in vacuum – a undefined state.



Who are you? Identify self.

The man at counter shouts.

With my humility I justify self and

ID card comes to rescue, where 'I' sits

Often being mutilated

For on my face being signed

(by security officer).



Is it me - the self?

I resemble everyone

But My-Self?




Hrushikesha Mohanty

before 1994.


Note

I find nothing much has changed in psyche between the crowd at ECIL gate and the young software engineers speeding to their companies now.

4 comments:

GPB said...

Am I not a robot?
Created and controlled by GOD.
Ponder!
GPB

Hrushikesha Mohanty said...

Received by emaill


Life is a beautiful shadow of our longing past and we are lively Robots remotely controlled by Almighty.

Dr.Alok Pattanaik

Anonymous said...

Respected Sir,
I would not want this to be posted on the comments section...
But, as you wrote
I- a robot

I interpreted as though people are treating us like a robot, and i thought it meant so.

But when i read the comments of others, it seems they have taken a different view. they are saying that we "are" robots that are remotely controlled.
I personally find it very hard to agree to this because I firmly believe that we are not 'remotely' controlled.
I believe God honors us humans and treats us as His children. The thought that God is playing a game with us making us actors, is a sort of demeaning on the part of humans and looks like the human dignity is diminished.

But I believe God honors each and everyone on this earth irrespective of their color,tongue and race.

And that we are responsible for what we do. We have complete choice and freedom. And that God does not entangle us with unseen and unknown curses on us. We suffer because of the choices we make. Sometimes we do suffer for things we are not at all responsible, in that case i feel that God is preparing us to build up some character or teach us some new things in life.

I am sorry if I have offended you. But that's what i felt when i read others' comments.

Hrushikesha Mohanty said...

By email from Prof.G.P.Bhattacharjee

What a deep feeling you have expressed in OBLITERATION! I too believe that contradictions in Self-inside and Self-outside make me a conscious robot controlled entirely by tunes of Lord Krishna’s flute. Continue to express your original thinking and make people realize the reality of life.

GPB