Tuesday, January 20, 2009

For Pervasive I's

'I's command from here and there
Everywhere
From all the posters, banners
And billboards.

Sing their own songs
Spark on their own claimed glory
Sitting on own boards made in Ivory.

'You' - the commuters hear me
'I' - the pervasive, made for thee.

Unlike Vishwarupa only for Arjuna
'I's are here for all known, unknowns.

Staring at 'You's from billboards
'I' offers darshan to running away Arjunas!
------------------------------------------------------------
20th January 2009.
------------------------------------------------------------

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sir

The fullfilment of projecting the issues regarding the billboards is reflected in your poem, which is a follow up of your article on billboards.

C.K. Rajendran

A B Sagar said...

it's really true that some politicians and prominent figures are self-centered and spotlighting themselves and bringing to themselves all attention... they use the media to bring themselves into focus...
a great poem with great depth.. i don't think i comprehended it in its depth..

howdy said...

Dear Sir,

I liked very much "Pervasive I's": I remembered my school days:

I am the First person;
You are the Second and
everybody else is third!

I liked the intrinsic spirituality.

Chanchal Mitra