Thursday, April 1, 2010

Smruti O Sarahada


This poem written by me published in Sagarika March 2010.
And would like to share with my distinguished guests at
my blog. My blog MoKatha i.e my words has become Ama Katha -
that's our words as I have started posted stories written by
my wife Anjali.

Anjali infact is a very good story writer. As very obedient son
when I was asked by my parents, I got interested of Anjali for her
literary background. That time also I used to have deep love to
literature. Sometimes, I think I should have taken up literature
as my career. There is no point to regret now.

Anjali could not keep up her literature being deeply drawn into
family and rearing up our two kids Vakul and Anwesha. Vakul is
studying BITS Pilani in 2nd year and coolly got into his study and
publishing research paper. His first paper will be coming
in Lecture Notes on Computer Science, Springer. He also edits
his department magazine and columnist in college magazine. Our
daughter Anwesha is a lovely girl just wrote her CBSE X final exam.
She is deeply into painting and fine arts. She wants to pursue
her dream.

Suddenly, we two at home have started feeling lonely. Evenings are
no more noisy. Even holidays and festive days are dull. We can
foresee what future is hiding for us - loneliness, internet chatting
with kids - still plenty of time with longings to get them very near.
Not only we two, many parents in current times are or will be passing through
it.

Anjali is very sensitive lady. Since, our son has gone to hostel
she has started brooding over it. Gets more of it when thinks of
forthcoming days. In order to get her attention elsewhere
somehow, I could encourage her to write and she has started writing
stories. Hope, with all your encouragements she will escape herself
from loneliness and she will write good stories.

For the same reason I have also resorted to writing poems,
eulogizing life and accepting it
as it appears before.

This particular poem published in Sagarika,
March 2010 tells of Smruti O Sarahada
reminiscence and boundaries. Remembering
my village and pushing the boundary to chase a moon has brought me
to Hyderabad but the life finds confused remembering the crossed boundary
of sweetness of childhood and lamenting on chasing the golden deer never ending
wishes, system defined index of excellence - that the current presents. Sometimes
person wishes to sleep with the plaques of sweet memories.

Click on image for better view

We deeply thank all of you, our distinguished blog visitors for sharing
your time with us.

Namaskar!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Hrushi. It is a beautiful poem. Thanks for sharing with me.
Nigam

Anonymous said...

Thanks Hrushi. It is a beautiful poem. Thanks for sharing with me.
Nigam

Sanghamitra said...

Prof. and Ms. Mohanty have become Philosophers now.

This is the pattern of modern life as livlihood is not family dependent rather independent now.

Wonderful way of balancing mind by pondering on the past experiences and sharing with others through so nice creations.
Congratulations to both of you.

Anonymous said...

Dear Rushi,

Had I been there I would have hugged Anjali. Almost a bear-hug. Her story is like Pather Panchali. Probably you have watched the film by Satyajit Ray, but the novel by Bibhuti Bhusan is superb. It is time-less, real Kalajayee. Anjali has written like that. She has covered beautifully our life, the eternity in our performing duties and emmerging in understanding.
Rushi, only women like Manorama only have the capability of containing three generations togetjher. My regards to authoress Anjali.
Apa

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Anjali Apaa. I liked the story. Moreover, I was not able to understand Mohanty babu's poems, my inability. But I could understand Seema Pariseema. Thanks Mohanty babu for sending the link to me.

--AS

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the poem and the info about Anjali madam's literary skill....
May God bless both of you for your literary skills to bloom to their full potential and beyond...!

Unknown said...

kabita ta bi bahut meanigfull heichi, apana tara gist ta apana post re lekhi deithibaru ahuri bhala bhabe bujhi hela apana nka thinking...
mu kouthi gote padhithili : Its easier to influence the readers but much more difficult to influence them the way you want. So I try to connect that mindset with which the author writes...

Anonymous said...

Respected Sir,this poem touched my heart and soul. You have expressed your inner voice so beautifully well, its able to make one surely thoughtful.

Its also a great experience to know about Anjali madam and about your sweet family. My sincere regards to her.

Regards
Bijaylaxmi

Anonymous said...

Sarahada must have to dwell in my mind for years to come.... and smruti they are the pearls in my eyes... to give me a reason to smile in time of blue.