Sunday, November 21, 2010

India and 'I'

It was Cool morning today after Kartik Purnima.
We here in doyens colony where I live, are lucky
to have a sprawling colony with 1km stretched straight road well
suited for sahari health walks. I always prefer very late night walk.
But today, I came out in morning to see a scene which is not very
uncommon in India - peeing by road side. But, it was disgusting
to see a young guy on track suit doing that. From the arrogance
of dress, I guessed he must be manager in a IT company.
My colony hosts many of them. They prefer to be here on rent, for
the colony is very near to IT hub of Hyderabad Gachhibowli.

It struck, is really India changing? If changing for what? Even
an educated and prosperous guy is so uncivilized.

Seems, India is for 'I' i.e IPod, I20 and IMax. And that is the reason why there
are so many problems; we have not still learnt to say
'we'.

Ofcourse, scam is a different issue, still it has something to do with I.
I don't care!

Hrushikesha

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice thoughts! Many thanks for sharing!

It seems Indians and ours, we have many things in common.
Although is rare here to see the attitudes you describe, I believe
most of our problems as a society is the lack of the "we" feeling!

Anonymous said...

i am great everybody wants but we are great very rare pronounce.

Dark horse said...

as "I" comes before "W"(i.e We), this is happening.......
I for Intelligent (for earning money not to be healthy for our people)
===============================
We have bigger houses but smaller families;
more conveniences, but less time.
We have more degrees but less sense;
more knowledge but less judgment;
more experts, but more problems;
more medicines but less healthiness.
We’ve been all the way to the moon and back,
but have trouble in crossing the street to meet our new neighbour.
We built more computers to hold more copies than ever,
But have less real communication;
We have become long on quantity,
but short on quality.........

— His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama
==============================

time will come
"I" will think for "We".