Monday, July 16, 2012

To the Green ...

Oh! my green; Oh! my green
Where are you ? Where can be seen?
Up above  my chin
You are so thin;


I held you,
Saw you on tiny drops
Shining and shining
After shower found you smiling.
Where are you - going thin and thin
Oh! my green, Oh! my green.

Tempest came ;
Came wearing wealthy jackets
Laid the traps showing lollypops.
It took my hands charmed on me
Studded with rubies (like) to fake me
Than I scramble and long for you
Repent my sin
Oh! my green,Oh! my green.

Hrushikesha Mohanty
16th July 2012

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Professor Mohanty,
Thank you very much for the poem. It is a nice poem -an ode to the lost "thin" green. It suits the present season which is still thinly green.
Best regards,
RCP

A B Sagar said...

Tempest came ;
Came wearing wealthy jackets ....

the tempest also has a name..

Hrushikesha Mohanty said...

Tempest - merciless developments