Sunday, March 6, 2011

To Commentators and Tormentors

Dedicated to
all the whispers behind me!


There have been some people who showered kind words on my
initiation of journey to literature. It's natural in this
world to have some who are acidic; they are my commentators
and tormentors!

The comments are acidic and pungent. Some question my
rationality, some criticize saying me busy in poem-
engineering / poem-programming. Some even openly undervalue
my works saying - 'yes, your book is lying somewhere. I'm very
busy!'

I gave my books initially to some for assessment, hoping that
will give me strength and self-confidence. (Ofcourse, some
were kind to say good words, to encourage). But some were pungent.
Hearing them initially was risky. To my good luck, I got good
reviews from eminent litterateurs. And now,really I'm not
at risk of any acidic commentators.

Tormentors say I don't do Computer Science any more; left
software engineering for poem-engineering. Ha! Ha! they are
unaware, poem can not be engineered. Creativity is not like
writing a patchy research paper. In a research paper you claim -
'I have done this that, better than all'
but creativity doesn't claim, 'I' doesn't exist in it;
only beauty of creation prevails. It leaves itself to the world
for interpretation. Creativity makes one humble.

It has made me conscious of the vast world full of varieties
of exciting things, blue sky, free birds, flowing streams,
sorrows and pains, crisis in ethics, discolored dews, fading roses,
hungry mouths and threatening gunpowder smells.

Here, the creator does not claim points for promotion or awards.
The creator beholds the creation with bliss of love!

Commentators and tormentors; for me Computer Science is for living
and Literature is life. I don't measure myself in metrics specified
by somebody. I have my own. I eulogize this beautiful world with
sanctity of creation. Please, leave me alone! I love to be a loner
in my journey.

Hrushikesha

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should do what you enjoy most. I am sure you will go a long way in computer Science as well. Good luck keep it up

Hrushikesha Mohanty said...

dear Sir,

Thanks a lot for your kind assurance and wish.

regards
Hrushikesha

Supriya Panda said...

Who have taken your profession into consideration while commenting on your poems,probably they do not know the life of John Keats, the great Romantic Poet in English. Keats by profession was an assistant to surgeons in Operation-Theater. Who had to earn his bread everyday by seeing blood, human suffering etc.,but when he composed poem, he could create the immortal romantic poems.

Anonymous said...

Opinions and criticisms are good parameters measuring the strength and weakness of the person. Self evaluation is best option to live in happy and healthy.

Sapna said...

Dear Sir

Da Vinci is known for his painting and drawings. However, very few know of his scientific inventions. He conceptualised a helicopter, a tank, solar power, calculator. Very few of his designs were constructed in his time. And most of his creations are unknown because they were not published. His discoveries in other fields did not diminish in any way his paintings and drawings. Rather, we see how talented and blessed he was.


Another such talented person is the world renowned Einstein. No need to explain what Einstein was to science. He was a talented violinist and music was his passion. He once said that had
he not been a scientist, he would have been a musician. “Life without playing music is inconceivable for me,” he declared. “I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of
music…I get most joy in life out of music.”

So sir, let these torments be like water on a lotus leaf. That is all that there is to it.

From a follower of yours.

Anonymous said...

i am worried seeing
your reaction.at this juncture of ur life what others feel about your creative pursuit is meaniing less.now do those work which is closed to your heart and you enjoy.be a free man.keep on doing things which you enjoy only.
regards
d n