Monday, January 17, 2011

Being a quark

Thrown off the Milky Way got this form?
Hurling my legs and hands I asked in intense
to deep blue sky, 'who'm I? Tell me why?'

It doesn't tell, remains silent as ever,
and makes me run around without a cover.
My quest follows for a reply.

My horoscope gives me a way
but it installed me to dictate
for my utter discomfort.

Inch by inch I'm pushed off
not to emerge but got submerged
in humdrum of the world I created.

Me the outsider hangs around at the periphery
being invisible as the one in busy traffic square

looking for a way as the signals glare.
Unknown my past, and so also future.
Today, the dot eager to explore.

I, the aggregate of love-dews
see empty around when
the door-frame denies entry anymore.

Then why’m I here? What for?
Am I a droplet? A shadow to vanish in deep blue sky?
Still, like to float around today as a dot.
Like to bake my cake on my hearth in Sun
and search in night for lily in moon
even I'm a quark exist to vanish soon.
----------------------------------------------------
It has appeared in MuseIndia Jan-Feb 2011
http://museindia.com/viewrep2.asp?id=29646
----------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

Kalyan said...

This is good , the subject chosen is so profound , and the way it is presented is equally intuitive.. If we are all quarks , this thought will build up on all of our mental Nucleii and become the universe itself :-)

Hrushikesha Mohanty said...

dear Kalyan

Thanks for the comment.
Probably, we will see the Universe in better way.

best wishes
Hrushikesha